Someone has read my blog, and liked it. I am childishly pleased and touched, so thank you reader for your kindness and encouragement. It seems appropriate then to praise the work of another blogger and Guardian columnist, James Smythe. James is re-reading the novels of The Master (better known as Stephen King) in order, reviewing them as he goes. So far he is up to King’s 1979 thriller, The Dead Zone, a personal favourite.
September 19, 2012
King of King
By Mark Winter
What is wonderful about Smythe’s reviewing is the obvious love he has for these works – Number One Fan indeed. His fondness does not dull his insight however, and he devotes some attention to exploring the underlying continuity that evolves in King’s universe as hs writing progresses. If you are a King fan, Smythe’s column is well worth following.
He is a novelist too. Anyone read any of his stuff?
About Mark Winter
Dark Fantasy novelist (INFERNAL PREY). Blogging on politics and current affairs (GibberLog), science and history (BlatherLog), sci-fi, fantasy & horror (WittlerLog), business, product development & start-ups (MutterLog). View all posts by Mark Winter
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 at 9:20 am and tagged with Books & Authors, Horror, literature and posted in Books & Authors. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Reviewing Doctor Who: Series 8, Episodes 7-10 November 21, 2014
- Grimm brothers’ fairytales have blood and horror restored in new translation November 12, 2014
- Boo! October 31, 2014
- Halloween is here! October 31, 2014
- The Babadook review – a superbly acted, chilling Freudian thriller October 24, 2014
- 12 Doctors, 12 stories, 12 jackets – a Doctor Who style celebration! October 22, 2014
- Apocalypse bow-wow: the new breed of arthouse animal horror October 17, 2014
- Reviewing Doctor Who: Series 8, Episodes 1-6 October 15, 2014
- 20 Weird GIFs That Belong in Another Dimension October 7, 2014
- These Are The Most Terrifying, Ghostly GIFs On The Internet October 7, 2014
- Gotham state of mind: what do comics tell us about cities? October 7, 2014
- Scared to death: has horror fiction run out of common fears to trade on? August 15, 2014
- The dream of invisibility August 10, 2014
- Watch: Queen’s Guards playing Game of Thrones theme music July 21, 2014
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: how scientifically plausible is it? July 21, 2014
Mark Winter on TwitterMy Tweets