Well personally I’ve always been fond of Dr. Strange…
Tag Archives: publishing
Some nice box sets available from Dave’s post – check it out.
After my marketing post last month, I promised a follow up on box sets. In fact, I’ve gone one better and invited Phoenix Sullivan to do a guest post on the topic.
For those that don’t know Phoenix, she’s a self-published author who also runs her own publishing company – Steel Magnolia Press – together with romance author Jennifer Blake. In the last 18 months, Phoenix has also been experimenting with box sets and, as you will see below, the results have been astounding.
I’ve known Phoenix for a while and no-one knows more about Amazon’s algorithms and marketing e-books. When she invited me to participate – along with bestselling authors Denise Domning, N. Gemini Sasson, Monique Martin, and Michael Wallace…
View original post 1,479 more words
Davey G’s wisdom on e-book pricing. I went for 99p myself…
Before we get to the nuts-and-bolts, it’s time to slay a zombie meme. Much of the noise on this issue springs from conflating two concepts, namely price and value.
Authors often say something like, “My book is worth more than a coffee.” Or publishers might say, “A movie costs $10 and provides two hours of entertainment. Novels provide several times that and should cost more than $9.99.”
Price and value are two different things. From Wikipedia:
Economic value is not the same as market price. If a consumer is willing to buy a good, it implies that the customer places a higher value…
View original post 1,285 more words
1 Comment | tags: Akhyrri Cycle, Blog, Books & Authors, entertainment, Fantasy, Horror, Infernal Prey, literature, Mark Winter, publishing, self-publishing, writing | posted in Books & Authors, Witterings
I signed off my last post by saying that my chosen ebook publishing services provider, eBook Partnership, had not yet acknowledged receipt of my manuscript and forms. To be fair, Diana Horner did just that on 16th February, the very next day, so that’s good. On 18th February, the first version of my cover design came through. Continue reading
- Reviewing Doctor Who: Series 8, Episodes 7-10 November 21, 2014
- Grimm brothers’ fairytales have blood and horror restored in new translation November 12, 2014
- Boo! October 31, 2014
- Halloween is here! October 31, 2014
- The Babadook review – a superbly acted, chilling Freudian thriller October 24, 2014
- 12 Doctors, 12 stories, 12 jackets – a Doctor Who style celebration! October 22, 2014
- Apocalypse bow-wow: the new breed of arthouse animal horror October 17, 2014
- Reviewing Doctor Who: Series 8, Episodes 1-6 October 15, 2014
- 20 Weird GIFs That Belong in Another Dimension October 7, 2014
- These Are The Most Terrifying, Ghostly GIFs On The Internet October 7, 2014
- Gotham state of mind: what do comics tell us about cities? October 7, 2014
- Scared to death: has horror fiction run out of common fears to trade on? August 15, 2014
- The dream of invisibility August 10, 2014
- Watch: Queen’s Guards playing Game of Thrones theme music July 21, 2014
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: how scientifically plausible is it? July 21, 2014
Mark Winter on TwitterMy Tweets